EXO is obviously on another level. You can see it in their repaying supporting on fans, EXO-L.
What is repaying support? What does ‘Tribute back’ mean exactly? To break it down, we should know what ‘Tribute’ from fans means. In Asian culture, where ‘Elders first’ tradition and attitude are considered to be polite and nice, ‘Tribute’ is often understood as a means to show someone’s loyalty for him/her who someone would respect or admire.
K-Pop fans use this word ‘Tribute’ as the meaning of ‘support’ in order to express and emphasize the loyal and passionate love toward idols or bias. For example, ‘Tribute’ can be done by sending the food trucks to shooting scene of idols, ordering lunch boxes or buying snacks for staffs, peers and idols in working places.
To repay fans’ amazing love, some idols or stars do tribute back to fans in the same way. For fans who come to support or cheer idols, idols are willing to buy lunch boxes, snacks and food trucks for fans. How lovely and touching!
Must Read : Fan of EXO Troubled Between Concert and Her Own Wedding
EXO members are somewhat warm-hearted. They’ve shown different level of ‘Tribute back’ so far. You can see them, below!
1. 2013 MBC Gayo Daejejeon
Cold Brew + Cookie + Grapefruit Tea (For fans who don’t drink coffee)
Baskin Robbins 500 cups
4. SeHun & ChanYeol & SuHo
Outback Kakadoo Lauch Box + Dunkin Donuts Coffee & Munchkin
5. 2014 ISAC
Chicken + Snacks
Sandwich set + Snacks + Orange juice
7. Lotte World Free Pass 1500 tickets
Popcorn + Coke
9. 2016 “MBC Show! Music Core” pre-recording scene
Idol Issue Facebook
10. SeHun & BaekHyun
Coffee truck + Tteok-bokki + deep-fried shrimp
11. Kai & XiuMin
Coffee Truck + Rice Cup
Pizza or Sandwich + Drinks + Ice cream
Havenia dulcis tea + Buckwheat noodles
14. D.O & ChanYeol
Coffee Truck + Churros + Spaghetti
Bread + Coffee Truck
Waffle + Coffee Truck
17. Koko Bop Breakfast Set
18. A chicken for a fan + Coke
October 9, 2017
Wanna One’s Lai KuanLin Fanboying Over EXO
Wanna One‘s Maknae, Lai KuanLin‘s bias came out into be SeHun, maknae of EXO.
Wanna One’s Lai KuanLin was selected to be a model for a game advertisement which conducted an interview with him. In the interview, Lai KuanLin answered several things related to EXO, which can show Lai KuanLin’s passionate love toward EXO.
Must Read : Compilation of Wanna One’s Cutest Appearances in Advertisements
A few weeks ago, a great zzal got revealed. Two maknaes from the hottest groups, EXO and Wanna One were greeting with each other. SeHun and Lai KuanLin were just perfect in that zzal. Fans and netizens were enthusiastically welcoming two maknae’s meeting.
However, till that moment, people didn’t know how big Lai KuanLin’s love for EXO is. In a interview, Lai KwanLin picked up EXO’s ‘The Eve‘ and ChanYeol & PUNCH‘s ‘Stay with me‘ as the song he could recommend for healing time. Also, he added explain, “I fall for ‘The Eve’s beat! It sounds easy to my ears! no less..” and “I like the melody and lyrics of ‘Stay with me’. Listening to this song so often!”.
Besides, Lai KuanLin selected EXO’s ‘Growl’ and ‘Monster‘ as the song to fit himself. He revealed the reason, “The choreography of two songs are too cool and those are my style.”. This is not the end. He thinks EXO’s ‘Growl’ is the song to match with Wanna One members well. It shows how enthusiastically Lai KuanLin respects EXO and wants to follow them.
What’s more interesting here is Lai KuanLin once wrote “EXO SeHun senior ♥ Zzang! (The coolest!)” on the hand autograph paper to the fan. Netizens are guessing that Lai KuanLin’s bias would be SeHun. How cute! Let’s welcome these two guys’ friendship!
September 28, 2017
What BTS Accomplished with ‘DNA’ in Just One Week
We really have to applaud them. BTS have really outdone themselves this time.
They are literally making headlines all over the internet and the amount of influence a K-Pop group has had on a global scale like this is arguably unprecedented. They have even collaborated with one of the most popular EDM acts today, The Chainsmokers, and beat out world superstar Justin Bieber for Billboard’s Top Social Artist Award. These amazing individuals are making history in K-Pop and we just can’t begin to even describe with words how proud and amazed we are of them.
Big Hit Entertainment
Their recent single ‘DNA’, from their album, ‘Love Yourself: Her’, has dominated the charts and they are showing no signs of stopping at this point. We have broken down their impact onto a list to see what actually happened in a time period of one week starting from when ‘DNA’ was released. It is absolutely mind-blowing. See for yourself.
- After ‘DNA’ was released on Melon, it was almost instantly listened to by 93,899 people and ranked #2 at the time.
- ‘Best of Me’, despite not even being the title song, ranked on the top 10 in Melon.
- 8 hours after the release, they hold the record of gaining 100,00 hearts on Melon.
- 20 hours and 48 minutes after the release, they hold the record of having the most MV views in shortest time. (20 million views)
- 1 day and 21 hours after the release, they held the record of having the most MV views in shortest time. (30 million views)
- 3 days and 5 hours after the release, they held the record of having the most MV views in shortest time. (40 million views)
- 5 days and 18 hours after the release, they held the record of having the most MV views in shortest time. (50 million views)
- #6 most watched MV on youtube in 24 hours.
- After 8 hours, had 1 million YouTube likes.
- After 3 days and 20 hours, had 2 million YouTube likes.
- iTunes #1 in 73 countries
- #1 Global Digital Artist
- First K-Pop artist to achieve #1 on the UK iTunes album charts.
- #4 on U.S. iTunes
- 112 million pre-orders for ‘Love Yourself: Her’ in just South Korea.
- 759,260 album copies sold during the first week of release.
- K-Pop with the most Spotify followers
- #7 on Billboard 200 Charts, making them the highest ranking artists in all of Asia
- First K-Pop artist to ever enter Hot 100 with a song sung in Korean.
Must Read : K-Pop Couple Fantasy: BTS’ V & BLACKPINK’s JiSoo
September 27, 2017
BTS x Steve Aoki Collaboration In the Works
Just when we thought that we had seen it all after BTS‘s collaboration with The Chainsmokers, it has been confirmed that BTS have another collaboration in the works with EDM producer Steve Aoki.
There has been no other information provided as of yet in regards to what type of song the two parties will be planning on making. However, given BTS’s previous singles such as ‘Fire’ and ‘Blood, Sweat, and Tears’ and also consider the Asian Jesus’s usual track releases, we can speculate that the collaboration will most likely be uptempo, energetic, and likely incorporate trap and pop together.
Big Hit Entertainment
Steve Aoki hinted a possible collaboration back in May through his official Twitter account. Consequently, fans have been kept wondering if anything was to actually happen between them.
Steve Aoki Official Twitter
What they will come up with and release is still yet to be seen, but given their reputations as artists, we can definitely expect a club banger soon.
Must Read : My Idol Photostory: JungKook of BTS