Cheongwadae Sarangchae is a space to learn about Korean culture and the history of former Korean presidents. The area is comprised of a planned exhibition hall where various special exhibitions are held. Korea Tourism Exhibit Hall and a special hall with hidden stories of Cheong Wa Dae are on the first floor, while Cheongwadae Hall which introduces former Korean presidents and Citizens Communication Experience Hall which presents government online contents are on the second floor.
45, Hyoja-ro 13-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul[Google Map]
Length of Tour:
Approx. 1 hr.
cwdsarangchae.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
How To Use
Admission / Participation Fees:
Small cars (16 seats or less): 2,000 won for
the first two hours.
Medium and large cars (more than 16 seats): 4,000 won for the first two hours.
Additional 500 won for every 15 minutes thereafter.
* Inquiries +82-2-720-7595
Site area (4,116㎡): 1st floor (1,462.31m²). 2nd floor (1,517.31m²). Basement (1,137.36m²)
Gyeongbokgung Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 4.
- Walk toward Gyeongbokgung Palace and turn left onto Hyoja-ro.
- Walk ahead for about 800m and Cheongwadae Sarangchae will be across the fountain.
1. Get off at Hankook Ilbo Bus Stop then walk for about 20 min (1.4km).
- Take local bus 1500, 272, 106, 708, 8272, 7022, 7025, or 9710.
2. Get off at Gyeongbokgung Bus Stop then walk for about 15 min (1km).
- Take local bus 171, 272, 708, 109, 601, 1020, or 7025.
3. Get off at Bus Transfer Center at Seoul Station (Seoul Subway Line 1), Exit 9.
- Walk for about 5 min (350m) to make a bus transfer at the bus stop by taking local bus 1711 or 7016. Get off at Hyoja-dong Bus Stop and walk for another 5 min (350m).
Educational program for elementary school students: ‘I am the future president’
Every Wednesday 15:00 and Saturday 9:30 (approx. 2 hour program).
Reservation through the official website required.
Foreign Language Intepretation Services:
English 10:00 / 14:00
Chinese 10:00 / 14:00
Japanese 12:00 / 16:00
* Phone-reservation required at least 3 days before for group visitors (up to 30 people) or for request for a docent.
* Reservation center is closed on every Monday.
* Inquiries: +82-2-729-0300
Info. Services for Koreans:
10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00
* Phone-reservation required at least 3 days before for group visitors (up to 30 people) or for request for docent.
Reservation for Foreigners :
Phone-reservation must be made in advance for group visitors (20+ people) or when requesting for foreign language docent service.
* Inquiries: +82-2-723-0300
infocenterculture: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-723-0300
parkingculture: East parking lot of Gyeongbokgung Palace
* Inquiry: +82-2-720-7595
restdateculture: Mondays (open if Monday is a national holiday and will be closed on the following weekday instead)
usetimeculture: 09:00–18:00 (last admission 17:30)