Gwacheon is where Kim Jeong-hee, who went by the pen name "Chusa," spent his final four years of life dedicated to the arts, mostly residing in the Gwajichodang residence. To celebrate the essence of his study and the passion put into science and the arts, Gwacheon City opened the Chusa Museum in 2013.
The museum exhibits the life story of Chusa and his works of art and science. The museum also has the Fujizuka Contribution Center, a special exhibition and experience room, resting area, souvenir shop, lecture room, and an education room. Gwajichodang is located in the outdoor garden.
78, Chusa-ro, Gwacheon-si, Gyeonggi-do[Google Map]
Length of Tour:
www.chusamuseum.go.kr (Korean only)
How To Use
Admission / Participation Fees:
Adults (Ages 19-64): Individual 2,000 won / Group (20 or more) 1,000 won
Middle school students: Individual 1,000 won / Group (20 or more) 500 won
Elementary school students: Individual 500 won / Group (20 or more) 300 won
* Children under age 6 and below and Seniors age 65 and over may enter free of charge.
-Site area: 4,261㎡
-Building area: 2,957 ㎡ (2 Ground floors, 1 Underground floor)
Seonbawi Station (Seoul Subway Line 4), Exit 1.
Go straight 179 m to reach Seonbawi Station Bus stop and take bus #11-7.
Get off at Dolmugae Bus Stop and walk in the same directionthe bus for 1 minute and museum will be on your right.
* Permanent program
- Making rubbed copy
- Tracing pictures of Chusa’s paintings
- Practicing Chusa’s calligraphic style
- Painting and writing Chusa
- Writing letters to friends and family
- Playing with Chusa (A game identifying Chusa’s calligraphy)
* Educational programs: refer to the homepage.
Reservation is available via phone or online.
* Reservation must be made 7 days before visiting.
* Inquiries: +82-22150-3650
Info. Services for Koreans:
Foreign Language Intepretation Services:
* English / Japanese / Chinese
* Smartphone guide tour and exhibition interpretation service using QR code.
* Smartphone rental available.
* Tel: +82-2-2150-3650
accomcountculture: 700 people
infocenterculture: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-2150-3650
parkingculture: Available (small vehicles: 21 spaces, large vehicles: 5 spaces)
restdateculture: Mondays, New Year’s Day, Seollal (Lunar New Year’s Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day) Holidays
usetimeculture: 09:00-18:00 * Last admission one hour before closing