Daejeon History Museum, comprised of a permanent exhibition hall, donated relics exhibition hall, planned hall, and city promotion hall, was created as a cultural area for citizens according to the Doan new city development project of Daejeon on October 16, 2012.
The permanent exhibition hall presents precious cultural assets in Daejeon with the theme of life and culture of Confucian scholars of Daejeon. The donated relic exhibition hall showcases artifacts donated by residents of Daejeon, and in the planned exhibition hall, a special exhibition is held to offer diverse items to see one or two times a year. In addition, plenty of hands-on programs, lectures, and performances are given in the museum to entertain visitors.
398, Doan-daero, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon[Google Map]
Length of Tour:
About 1 hour
www.daejeon.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
How To Use
Admission / Participation Fees:
Gross area: 4,996.25㎡ / Site area: 32,129.5㎡ / Building area 3,624.94㎡
From Seoul Nambu Terminal, Dong Seoul Bus Terminal to Yuseong Intercity Bus Terminal
- Walk 131m to the right from the exit of the bus terminal and take bus no. 312 at Yuseong Intercity Bus Terminal bus stop.
- Get off at Doan Elementary School Bus Stop. (8 bus stops away)
- Take a left after passing the bridge and the museum will be ahead.
Info. Services for Koreans:
Foreign Language Intepretation Services:
- Via phone of homepage
- Reservation period: one day before visiting
Reservation for Foreigners :
accomcountculture: 200~300 people
infocenterculture: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-42-270-8600
parkingculture: Available (83 spaces available)
restdateculture: Mondays, New Year’s Day, the day of Seollal (Lunar New Year’s Day) and Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day), and the day designated by the owner of the museum
* If Monday is a national holiday, it will be closed on the following day instead of Monday.
usetimeculture: Summer Season (March-October) 10:00-19:00
Winter Season (November-February) 10:00-18:00
* Last admission 30 minute before closing.