Introduction

Dodongseowon Confucian Academy was first established by Confucian scholars in 1568 at the eastern base of Mountain Biseulsan, but was burnt down during the Japanese Invasion in 1592. In 1605, the school was reconstructed on its current site and was renamed Borodongseowon. In 1607, the name was changed to Dongdoseowon. "Dongdo" means that the teachings ("do") of Confucianism come from the East (dong in Korean). Dodongseowon is one of the 47 major Confucian academies that was not affected by Heungseon Daewongun's order to eliminate Confucian academies.

 

Address: 

726, Gujiseo-ro, Guji-myeon, Dalseong-gun, Daegu[Google Map]

 

 

Homepage: 

culture.dalseong.daegu.kr (Korean only)
www.cha.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
dodongseowon.alltheway.kr (Korean only)

 

 

How To Use

 

Parking Facilities: 

Available (Free parking)

 

 

Transportation

 

[Bus]
From Dongdaegu Station, take a taxi for approx. 1 hr

 

 

Additional Info

 

tel: +82-53-688-3162

zipcode: 43006

expguide: Chungye Hyangsa (spring) & Chugye Hyangsa (fall) (ceremony and memorial service)

infocenter: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-53-668-3162

guest
Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments