Dongbaekseom Island (Island of Camellias) is an island located off one end of Busan's famous Haeundae Beach. Although the years of sedimentation have connected the island to the mainland, Dongbaekseom was originally an island and is still referred to as one.
Dongbaekseom Island is easy to navigate thanks to the walking path that is built around it. The island has several attractions, including the monument inscribed with a poem of scholar Choi Chi-won, the mermaid statue based on the legend of Princess Hwagok, and the Nurimaru APEC House. It also offers fantastic views of the Busan shoreline towards Mipo, Dalmaji Hill, Gwangangdaegyo Bridge, and Oryukdo Island. As the name suggests, camellias burst into bloom everywhere on the island from winter to spring.
67, Dongbaek-ro, Haeundae-gu, Busan[Google Map]
N/A (Open all year round)
haeundae.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Russian, Uzbekistan)
How To Use
From Busan Station, take express Bus No. 1003 and get off at Dongbaekseom Island Bus Stop.
Walk straight for about 100m before turning left into Dongbaek-ro Road.
Continue walking straight to arrive at the entrance.
Dongbaek Station (Busan Subway Line 2), Exit 1.
Walk for approx. 1km, passing Westin
The island will be seen ahead on the right.
Dongbaek Park, Yachting Center, Nurimaru APEC House, Observatory, Choi Chiwon Memorial Hall, etc.
infocenter: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-51-749-4085
usetime: Open 24 hrs