Located in Jangan-dong, Seo-gu, Daejeon, Jangtaesan Recreational Forest consists of a dense forest of ginkgo trees and bald cypress. Lush valleys nearby make for a great getaway during summer vacation. Yongtaeul Reservoir, located at the entrance, gives beautiful views as well. Inside the natural recreation forest, various facilities including walking paths, physical activity facilities, a botanical garden and bare-foot walking paths are available for visitors.
461, Jangan-ro, Seo-gu, Daejeon[Google Map]
www.jangtaesan.or.kr (Korean only)
How To Use
Available (7 sites / 420 spaces)
From Seoul Nambu Termnial, take and intercity bus bound for Yuseong Intercity Bus Terminal.
- Exit out and walk toward Yuseong Spa Station, Exit 6.
- Take a bus 114 and then get off Gasuwon Overpass / Gasuwon Market Bus Stop. (11 bus stops)
- From the bus stop, take a left at the first three-way intersection and go straight toward Gasuwon Library Bus Stop.
- Take a bus 22 at the bus stop and get off at Jangtaesan Recreational Forest (장태산자연휴양림). (23 bus stops)
- Walk along the road to the venue for about 62m.
* Bus 22 : intervals 70 mins
Forest Culture Recreation Hall, Forest Training Center, Forest Cabin, Metasequoia Path, Textbook Arboretum, ecopond, observatory, exercise equipment, meeting room, etc.
Facility Utilization Fees:
Accommodations: Peak Season / Low Season
- Rooms (6 people) 80,000 won / 60,000 won
- Rooms (15 people) 350,000 won / 250,000 won
[Forest Training House]
- Rooms (4 people) 80,000 won / 60,000 won
[Forest Cultural Hall]
- Lodging 180,000 won / 10,000 won
- Conference 100,000 won / 200,000 won (per day)
- 25,000 won / 20,000 won
accomcount: 6,000 people
expguide: Forest Experience Program Reservation
- Homepage: Reservation
- Programs are subject to change so check before making a reservation.
- Group visitors during the weekdays are required to make a phone-inquiry in advance.
* Inquiries: +82-42-585-8061~2
- Families who participate in forest experience program must donate at least one book to the forest library.
* Forest adventure (skyway)
Skyway observatory, observatory, amusement facilities to enjoy Metasequioa road in a more special way
* Not running in the case of rain, wind, or snow, as well as at nighttime
infocenter: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-42-270-7883
opendate: April 25, 2006