Introduction

Past names of Jeoldusan Martyrs’ Shrine included Yongdubong (Dragon Head Peak) and Jamdubong (Silkworm Head Peak), but was renamed in 2000.

Jeoldusan Martyrs' Shrine is the site of the Byeonin Persecution of 1866, where many Roman Catholics were brutally murdered. This site was built to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Byeonin Persecution and to remember the spirit of martyrdom at Jeoldusan.

The Martyrs’ Museum and Martyrs’ Memorial were built in 1967, and in 1972 Martyrs’ Park was opened to the public. Pope John Paul Ⅱ visited in the site in 1984 and Mother Teresa visited in 1985.

 

Address: 

6, Tojeong-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul[Google Map]

 

Closed: 

Jeoldusan Martyrs' Museum: Closed Mondays

 

 

Homepage: 

www.jeoldusan.or.kr (Korean only)

 

 

How To Use

 

Parking Facilities: 

Available

 

 

Transportation

 

[Subway]
Hapjeong station (Seoul Subway Line 2 and 6), Exit 7.
- Walk 10-15 min following the signs.

 

 

Additional Info

 

Admission Fees: 

Free

[Jeoldusan Martyrs' Museum]
- Catholic groups: not fixed (take collection instead)
- Other groups: 1,000 won with reservation / 2,000 won without reservation

 

Restrooms: 

Available

 

Facilities for the Handicapped: 

Disabled toilet and parking lot

 

tel: +82-2-3142-4434

zipcode: 04085

infocenter: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-3142-4434

usetime: 24 hrs
Jeoldusan Martyrs' Museum: 09:30-17:00

guest
Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments