Jeongneung Royal Tomb is the tomb of Queen Sindeok, the second wife of King Taejo (1392-1398), founder of the Joseon dynasty (1392-1910). However, this tomb was not well-maintained in contrast to other royal tombs because of a power struggle. The queen had two sons, one of whom was chosen by King Taejo as the crown prince and his successor to the throne. The queen met a sudden death due to health complications, and shortly after, both her sons were killed by King Taejo and Queen Sinui's fifth son Yi Bang-won's strike to win over the throne. After Yi Bang-won rose to throne as King Taejong, he relocated Queen Sindeok's tomb to outside of the city walls.
116, Arirang-ro 19-gil, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul[Google Map]
royaltombs.cha.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
How To Use
Sungshin Women's University Station (Seoul Subway Line 4), Exit 6.
Take Bus No. 1012, 1014, or 1212 and get off at Arirang Market Bus Stop.
Walk for approx. 5-10 min.
Individuals: Adults 1,000 won / Children & Teenagers 500 won
Groups: Adults 800 won / Children & Teenagers 400 won
* Groups: 10 or more people
* Adults (ages 19-64) / Children & Teenagers (ages 7-18)
* Children ages 6 & under and senior citizens ages 65 & over may enter free of charge. ID must be presented at the ticket box.
Hourly pass: 30,000 won
* Viewing hours 12:00-13:00
* Valid for 1 year
Lunch pass: 3,000 won
* Viewing hours12:00-14:00 (last admission is at 13:00)
* Limited to 10 times
Monthly pass: 10,000 won
* Visitors may enter freely within operating hours
* Valid for 1 month
* All visitors on the last Wednesday of each month (Culture Day).
* Visitors wearing hanbok.
Convenience store, drinking fountain, rest area, etc.
Interpretation Services Offered:
infocenter: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-914-5133
usetime: February-May, September-October 06:00-18:00
* Last admission 1 hour before closing