With the slogan “Yeongsangang River, where Nature and Life Coexist,” Yeongsangang River Culture Pavilion consists of an open space that blends well with the surrounding natural environment. The center provides a variety of educational programs and hands-on events, through which visitors can increase their understanding of the Yeongsangang River restoration project, the history of Namdo region, and the cultural and ecological environment of the area.
90, Seungchonbo-gil, Nam-gu, Gwangju[Google Map]
www.kwater.or.kr (Korean, English)
How To Use
From Central City Terminal or Sangbong Bus Terminal, take a bus to Gwangju Bus Terminal. From Gwangju Bus Terminal, take a taxi for approx. 30 min to the pavilion.
Interpretation Services Offered:
Brochures are available in English, Japanese and Chinese.
accomcount: 300 peple at a time
expagerange: Open to visitors of all ages
expguide: [1F Exhibition Hall]
- Hope Sharing Zone: Floating messages of hope, floating paper boats
- New Waterway Dream Zone: Circulation of the River, Remembring Yeongsangang River, etc.
[2F Exhibition Hall]
- People Love Zone: Multi-purpose space for locals and visitors alike
- Emotion Zone: "River Is" media art display by Jussi Angesreva
[3F Outdoor Observatory]
infocenter: • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-62-335-0866
usetime: Tuesday- Sunday 10:00-17:00